Remind yourself why you quit. Keep a list of reasons or a picture of the people who motivate you nearby.
Online Quit Communities
There are a number of resources to help you, including entire communities of people trying to quit – available online 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Find one that fits your life, and get the motivation you need to stick with your quit plan.
- Missouri Tobacco Quitline – Call 1-800-QUIT-NOW (1-800-784-8669) to work with a quit coach to build a personal quit plan. Then, you’ll be given access to a free online resource to monitor your plan online and interact with other Missourians trying to quit.
- “Clear the Air” St. Louis Discussion Board [JB1] – Talk to other St. Louisans trying to quit tobacco. Ask questions, vent frustrations, and find out where you can get help, right here in town.
- Become an EX – This national community with more than 450,000 members offers blogs, forums, and groups to support you as you work to become an EX-smoker.
- LiveHelp – Get information and advice through real time text messaging with a National Cancer Institute smoking cessation counselor. Support is offered in English only during specified hours of operation.
- Quit Tobacco. Make Everyone Proud. – U.S. military members and their families can get quit smoking resources and education, sponsored by the Department of Defense.